Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Star of the Week


Here is a look at the Star of the Week poster Colton and I worked on for school. Basically we had to decorate a poster board with pictures and some facts about Colton and his life. He was so excited for this project and told me the poster board had to be really big so he could put lots of pictures. I started off interviewing him which he thought was really cool because we pretended we didn't know each other and that I was a reporter for the newspaper. I asked him at the end if there was anything else he wanted his friends at school to know about him and he said "oh sure...tell them I like to dance at weddings". Well random for sure, but an important detail clearly to a 4 year old! It was so fun to go through pictures of him over the last couple years and we glue sticked them all in place (took an entire glue stick to do the whole job). He also drew a few pictures. The one in the upper right is of him, Daddy, Riley and Brayden playing basketball with a waterslide above them that I am apparently invisibly riding in so I can kill the caterpillar at the end of the slide...wow. I think the poster was a hit because when Nick dropped Colton off at school the kids were all asking him about his poster and pictures and one of the moms told him she liked to dance at weddings too. :)

Working on his artwork.

The finished product!

1 comment:

The Wells Family Antics said...

My all time favorite is that you are his best friend.....holy WEEPING!!!!!
And that he loves mangos....HAHAHAHA!!