Sunday, March 27, 2011

End of Season 1...

Hockey is officially over. It actually ended a few weeks ago but the coach had been able to get some free ice time so those that could make it, kept on practicing! Sunday was the last game of the season and so the parents had a chance to get on the ice to take a few pictures of the kids. I can't believe we have spent every Friday night and Sunday morning at an ice skating rink since the end of November! Crazy how time flies when you really enjoy something...I can honestly say we got the biggest kick out of watching the kids play and seeing Colton learn so much from his coaches and peers, at this age they are absolutely adorable. The highlight for me though was yesterday the Coach sent an email out to all the parents (there were about 75 kids who played...so there were a lot of people on this email), just saying what a great season it was and how the kids really learned so much, hope to see you all again on the ice...you get the picture. Well the last part of the email I had to share and pasted below.

I hope your kids had as much fun as I did this year. I have to say, this was probably the best time I've had coaching any sport at any level. I loved going to the rink just to see the smiles on the kids faces every time their skates touched the ice. If USA Hockey is looking to shoot a promotional video they should follow Colton Manorek around on the ice with a video camera and run it on their website 24-7. That kid smiled and laughed every minute of every practice. It was AWESOME!! I don't think anyone had more fun then he did.

Colton may not have been the fastest or scored the most goals but he made me really proud! He didn't mention any other kid but Colton so I was sort of blown away that he would stick out like that. Lesson here is smile more because I think people do notice. :)