Friday, June 17, 2011

Go Sox...


My friend Pam called me at 6pm on a Friday night to see if we wanted tickets that they weren't going to use for the 7pm game.  Nick was in the garage using the saw and was halfway done putting the new hardwood floor in our bedroom (finished product looks great) and was in no form for hopping in the car for a baseball game in Boston during rush hour.  However, Colton heard me on the phone and basically gave us the biggest puppy dog eyes and sweetest "pretty please take me" and Nick couldn't say no.  The boys took record breaking showers, got into their Red Sox jersey and hit the road to grab the tickets and battle the traffic.  Ironically the principle at Colton's school was singing the national anthem that night...pretty cool (they were late though and missed it).  Colton took a sweet nap on the drive in and was ready to live it up once they got to Fenway.  The boys had a great night.  Colton even talked Nick into taking a ride in one of those rickshaw biker things (wow that guy must have had some strong legs...I would kill for a picture of that...the mental one will do for now though - hysterical).  It was a great night weather wise for a game filled with lots of homers and apparently high-fives to peeps in the stands.  If you are wondering how I spend my night - it was alone on the couch (been years I think since I as alone at home) and I watched an entire season of Glee that was on my dvr).  Good times.

No comments: