Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hawaii - Day 8 & 9

The last destination on our cruise was Kauai, we spent two days there. There is a reason people say this is the most beautiful island...well, it is. No picture will do it justice (certainly no picture taken with my iphone) so take my word for it or go visit it yourself.

Heidi and I did the ultimate excursion, the one that I had been dying to do, zip-lining! It was amazing. Neither of us had ever done it and always wanted to, so where better than to make it your first...Hawaii! They took us out to Kipu Ranch which is where they just finished filming Pirates of the Caribbean (yes, we did the same zips as Johnny Depp) and so many other famous movies and shows (Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones, Hawaii 5-0, Mash). The last run was a tandem line, so Heidi and I went side by side...she even got a little video of our ride. Then we hiked through the rainforest to this little swimming hole where there was this little water line that Heidi did a couple hundred times. It was awesome. That night Kathy, Heidi and I went our for dinner and drinks at a local bar. It was a perfect last night in Kauai.








No comments: