Saturday, April 9, 2011

Hawaii - Day 3

Saturday morning Heidi and I got up bright and early so we could hike Diamondhead Crater before we boarded the cruise ship. It was a beautiful morning and we were thankful we went early because the sweat factor from hiking this thing was high, seeing as how we practically ran in so we could get back early, also Hawaii can be really humid! It was worth the trip though, the views were awesome and now every time I see that mountain in the background of any photo I think, "wow I was there"! We met the girls after the hike for a quick breakfast, coconut pancakes, does it get any better? Next we boarded the ship for our 7 day cruise to all the islands. Heidi and I wasted no time and got right in the hot tub and ordered the drink of the day. We were really excited when we got to our room and we (Kathy and I) were able to surprise the rest of the girls with our upgrades to large balconies off the back of the boat. These suckers were almost the same size as our rooms. It pays to travel with those that have the AARP discount...we saved almost $1ooo/room with this upgrade! The joke behind this one is that my Aunt refused to admit she was old enough for AARP and months ago told my Uncle she wouldn't be caught dead with one of those cards...that is until I told her how much we could save...lol. Suddenly over 50 isn't so bad now is it Judy? ;)




No comments: