Thursday, April 7, 2011

Hawaii - Day 1

I can finally check off one of the biggest "to-do's" on my bucket list...Hawaii. I was lucky enough to enjoy the experience with some of my favorite people, my mom, Heidi, my Aunt Judy and our good friend Kathy. We flew into Oahu and did some touristy things for a few days before we boarded a 7 night cruise to all the islands. I can honestly say my pictures do no justice (what do you expect when I am an iphone junkie and it is the only camera I brought...other people had theirs but seriously it will be months before they download them and share so I can't wait!).

Day one we flew into Oahu and checked into our hotel right near Waikki beach. Awesome. I was really surprised to see how touristy and trendy Honolulu was, still nice just way more "city" than I expected. Started the night off with some mai tais, hawaii 5-0's and this amazing dinner at this local hole in the wall called Side Street Inn. Kathy had read in a magazine on the plane that this is where all the local chefs and people go eat and it was suppose to be awesome. Well it is literally a bar that has tables and serves food that will blow your socks off. No joke. We ran into a couple that was visiting and had already eaten there two days in a row because the food was so good and really inexpensive. Go you won't be sorry (grilled mushrooms and the house fried rice is a must).

Notice Diamondhead in the background...yes we hiked it...stay tuned!


1 comment:

Elizabeth Hilton said...

In England they say "nice pins!" I'm saying checkout those legs!!!