Monday, April 11, 2011

Hawaii - Day 5 & 6

Our second day in Maui we decided to take some pointers from the locals and hit a near by surfing town, Paia (http://www.paiamaui.com/). I have no pictures to share, just memories of surfer dudes, awesome frozen lime yogurt and the cutest little downtown. At night we hit the wine bar for a bit and there was a piano man taking request. Well since we were the only ones there, we each chose a surprise song for the group...oh yeah I made the 50+ year old piano man play I Will Survive...hehe.

The next morning we woke up in Hilo! Which is where the National Volcanic Park is and all the cool waterfalls. We did a bus tour excursion and stopped at the Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory, an orchid farm, waterfalls, and the National Park where we got to walk through the lava tube and rainforest. It was pretty amazing. Next time (yes, I already talk about the next time), I would like to do some serious hiking in this area, the bus was nice but I really wanted my feet to touch more lava. :)








No comments: