Monday, November 2, 2009

Dog park and dog scares



This Sunday we woke up bright and early thanks to daylight savings. The day started with a special walk at the dog park with Buddy's friend Aspen. Aspen is Kerry's dog and he and Buddy are partners in crime. Last weekend was Buddy's birthday (2 years) and he and Aspen shared special Buddy Biscuts and some new dog toys. Don't get me wrong...Buddy gets lots of prizes, I pretty much never come home from any store without a special treat for my two babies (Buddy and Colton). He has his own little toy box and I find more of his stuffed animals around the house than Colton's! Ironically yesterday afternoon Buddy ran away, he was napping on the couch with Colton and later when I went to feed him dinner, I noticed he was missing. Well I lost it!!! We were all out looking for him because Buddy just doesn't run away and our house is all fenced in so we couldn't figure out how he could get out. Long story short I had been driving around for sometime and was just about to pull up my street when I saw some guy walking my Buddy!!! Then we put all the pieces together, ends up he is my neighbor, found him on our street and said Buddy would get really excited when he heard kids voices and even walked by our house!!! Did I mention that our street is a dead end cul de sac with only like 10 houses on it?!? They didn't know who's dog he was and from the morning walk he had on his old collar and leash with his old name/number tags because it has skulls on it and my brother thought it was Halloweenish so he put it on him not knowing. I think he was also just sick of looking at the Red Sox collar...time to get a Patriots one...yeah Tom Brady! Anyways...so I knew if someone found him they wouldn't know who to call unless they found the microchip in his chest which is licensed to me. Ends up Buddy got out through the bulkhead down in the basement that was open because we were working on the downstairs. That was an awful feeling but now all is back to normal and we are so thankful to have our Buddy home safe and sound. :-)

No comments: