Wednesday, September 23, 2009

First Day

Had to share...too cute not to.



Yeah - he did the touchdown-butt dance in the parking lot as soon as he got out because he was so excited.

Finally here are the pictures from Colton's official first day of preschool. That morning mommy and daddy dropped him off and the Auntie Heidi picked him up. Of course there is always a story...so the next morning I am getting Colton dressed and I see he has a cute new blue LL Bean jacket that he had come home with from my sisters. It looked so cute on...so as we are driving over to Heidi's I ask Colton "Did Nana buy you a new coat?" he replies "No Mrs. Marino let me borrow it". Mrs. Marino is his teacher. Now I am trying to piece it all together. I am asking questions like "why did she let you borrow it" and he tells me "because I wuve it" and proceeds to tell me "the jacket is Andrews and he was crying because he wanted his coat but Mrs. Marino said it was my turn to borrow it". Umm yeah. So I wrote the teacher a note for Wednesday (mind you day two of preschool) and returned the coat. When my mom picked him up that afternoon I guess Mrs. Marino came out with the coat held it up to see if any of the parents knew who the coat belonged to because no kid had claimed it. Well finally one mom yells out "Oh yeah that's Jack's coat". Hmm...if I could be a fly on the wall in his class it sure would be entertainment. Oh and there isn't even an Andrew in his class. I wish I had taken a picture of him in the jacket now but I was so horrified at the time it slipped my mind.

On a second note, from the pictures you can tell Colton loves school was waving goodbye so hard and was so excited that he almost walked over a few kids and into a door on his way in...classic...he is so my son. :-)

No comments: