Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Great Grandma

Such a sad day. Great Grandmas passed away a few weeks before Christmas. This was a difficult one to take because we had seen her so recently and although she had seen better days she was so "with it" and on the mend. It amazes me how quickly our bodies can fail us when our time has come. I think Grandma had said her farewells to the family at Thanksgiving, gave her babies one last kiss and she was just ready. Her services were down in New Jersey so we went down for a few days and got to see the rest of Nick's family which was nice. Here are some pictures from the weekend. This was Colton's first wake and funeral. He handled it very well, I had no idea what to expect. When I told him Great Grandma went to heaven he said "its ok mom, she was old and I have another Grandma"...kids. Then he overheard another 3 year old at the service say "look grandma is sleeping"....Colton very quickly told him "oh no grandma isn't sleeping she is dead, don't worry though the angels will be here real soon to come and get her". His most famous line of the weekend though was when we were walking into the restaurant after the mass and I told him he needed to be good and he responded "mom I will be good because first I be good, then I be bad, then I be good, then I be bad, get the pattern? Cause I was bad now I be good!" Hysterical...Great Grandma must have been laughing up there with that line. :-)

RIP Grandma XOXOXO

That would be dog poop on Colton's foot.
Yes, he stepped in Rocco's (Aunt Denise's dog) poop barefoot one morning. So typical.

1 comment:

The Wells Family Antics said...

You may not think the dog poop incident was funny, but we can't stop laughing!!!! I think Richie may wet his pants!