Monday, October 26, 2009

Boo at the Zoo

Yesterday was a perfect Fall day here in Boston (way overdue) so we went trick or treating at the Franklin Park Zoo with the Wells Family. Colton and Rich ironically dressed as a lion and a tiger and made the cutest little zoo themed tricker treaters. They tried hard to scare the animals, ate every piece of candy they got before we left the park, and ran themselves tired (Colton took a solid 4 hour nap that afternoon...I may have snoozed off as well...thank you zoo). We also ran into Uncle Phil and the kids while they were entering the costume contest...hysterical. Please take note of how clean my little lion looked as the day started and what he looked like as we left. He was "that kid" that went down the slide and landed in the largest mud puddle at the end. Oh yeah...apparently "lions like the dirt" he told me on the ride home.



Apparently he didn't get my joke about him looking like Fozzy Bear.

Richard and Colton...best buds!

Did you know you can hear a lion's roar 5 miles away?

This is one way to watch the tigers.

Notice the big lion on the background...brave of Colton to eat in front of him!


That would be Riley (aka Luigi) and Brayden in the costume contest.

Better shot of my nephews and Phil.


What Mom...the puddle wasn't that big...I didn't see it...

Ummm...yeah...that would be my lion sopping wet and ready to go home.

2 comments:

The Wells Family Antics said...

I actually still can't stop laughing about the puddle!! You could hear the splash for miles because it was SO DEEP. Poor Colton went down that slide so quick he never even had a chance to see the LAKE at the bottom. Literally still laughing!!

Kelley said...

He was soaked down to his underwear!!! He told me though that he had the bestest day so I guess it was worth it. lol