Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Papoose Pond 2018

So for the last few years we have been camping with our friends up in Waterford, Maine at this campground called Papoose Pond.  My friend, Jen Fleming, grew up camping here as a kid with her family and somehow a large group of us have made it our own tradition over the last few years.  This year it was the Mullins, Flemings, Stantons, Murphys, Giblins and Jen's extended family (parents/aunt/uncle/cousins/brother etc).  Colton and I stay on our own site, HHK-4, which has its own kitchen area and bathroom/shower.  Several years back I bought a super old pop-up camper (1991) and we have been trailing it around every since.  We spend the days swimming (kids on the docks), paddle boarding, floats, kayaking, sitting at the beach, eating and drinking, hanging by the fire...the list goes on.  There are so many kids I don't really see much of Colton but I have to believe that he is making memories and someday will remember the good ole days of Papoose and how much independence I gave him and all the fun he had.

Here are some pictures from our week in no particular order.
































No comments: