Monday, September 12, 2011

Kindergarten

Call me old...my baby started Kindergarten.  The night before school started I tried on the outfit I bought for the first day, to my surprise it didn't fit!?!?!  OK - so I decided to try on all the jeans and clothes I had been tucking away for school and all the hundreds of hand me downs from Riley...again, nothing fit!!!! Luckily it was warm out this we so we got away with shorts and then went shopping right after school for new school clothes...I guess my baby is a little husky...not shocking.  He is growing up too quickly, this weekend he asked me to stop combing his hair making him look handsome or cute...I asked him why and he told me "I don't want the girls to like me" and then I asked what kind of "do" he wanted and he told me "something smart and sport guyish".  OK...so that was my in for a back to school hair cut (he requested a mohawk and told the lady when it was done that it wasnt that good of a hawk)...yes he did.  He also has been very curious about the grade levels in school and how many until he gets to highschool.  I asked him why rush it and he said he wants to be a class clown like me and I told him there are much better things to strive for...god help me.

I definitely got a little teary dropping him off and he comforted me with a big hug and said "mom, it's just kindergarten".  He also saw some familar faces from soccer and preschool so he felt totally at ease.  When I picked him up that afternoon he told me that school was a lot of fun, he met the librarian, read books, did pictures, made friends, had recess and he got chocolate milk for lunch...hmmm sounds like a successful day for a kindergartener. :)

 Kindergarten here he comes!

 This is the "mom I love you".

Look who came with us to pick up Colton at school...Buddy!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Ok this post is a tear jerker. His smile and the sparkle in his eye are AMAZING. I love him. So cute.