Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Moose Queen and Sparkle Parade


Months ago I planned this trip up to Maine to take the kids on the Polar Express. A big old group of us went up for the weekend, Nick, me and Colton, Heidi, Phil and the kids, my mom, Aunt Judy, my cousin Nicole, and even my Nana! We went up Friday night and hit the Sparkle parade in Freeport. It was great, Wally the Green Monster was there and they had the big LL Bean boot float. I have many pictures from the weekend on my camera but I have yet to download these so I figured I would share the ones from the parade that I had on my phone. Umm...so the background here is that Nicole told the boys that she was in the parade because she was voted the Moose Queen of Maine. She disappeared for quite some time and eventually her "float" came "trotting" through and the Moose Queen had her day of fame. Colton and Riley really truly believe she was voted the Moose Queen and was in the parade...go ahead ask them. This was also the moment in time when I realized that Riley gets embarrassed...if you could have seen his face when the Moose Queen showed up...he wanted to just die.

The fish tank at LL Bean.

Warming up.

Nana is always a good sport!

The kids talking to Sparkle the tree...the tree talks to you...so fun.

Best Buds...even after an ugly snowball fight!

The Moose Queen gets two thumbs up for the best float!!!

No comments: